Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Peace.

So it's 11PM. I've got about 20 math problems and then I'm done. I've done 50 already. I've got an enormous math test tomorrow, and I have no idea how I can do it. Normally, I'd be freaking out. But I'm not. And it feels weird. Really weird.

Normally I freak out. I was freaking out earlier because I had a government test. But not anymore. Heck, why AREN'T I freaking out? I've got a lot of stuff due by Friday, I've got 20 math problems to do before I can go to bed, I'm going to be starting my job soon, and driving and a lot of other stuff. Last night, I was extremely stressed about it all. But tonight, tonight is different. I'm not sure why.

Maybe it's because after all these blog posts about being stressed and not trusting in God have finally started taking effect? Maybe it's because tonight I'm trusting in God that everything will be okay and that he'll take me through it?

Earlier today I was listening to a sermon one of my pastors did about contentment. He was talking about how as Christians, we should be content. That no matter what's going on around us, we should be "I'm okay. I have God, and everything's okay." He said that the secret of contentment is realizing that "God loves me, and I'm okay."  Maybe that's what I'm doing tonight. I've been learning a lot lately through, a whole lot of areas in my life that I really need to trust in God and stop freaking out. Now, I'm never going to be completely perfect at that, but tonight, maybe tonight I'm doing just that.

 He also said that the most content people are the most discontent. As christians, we should put all our contentment in God. No matter what happens, as long as have God, we should be okay. I got a bad grade? I have God, I'm okay. I don't have a job? I'm okay. That's what a Christian should be like. Where does the discontent part come from? You give a christian all those things, Money, a job, friends, and anything else, but without God, we shouldn't be content with that. Once we have seen who Jesus is and how amazing he is, he is all that we should settle for. We can have all the things in this world, but without God, we should be discontent.

Wow. This is like, the most sense making thing I've ever written in a long time. What's wrong with me tonight?

Jdg

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome!! That's what I've been trying to tell you forever. You just have to work through some things on your own though I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative