Friday, July 27, 2012

FINALLY AT LAST YAY


Finally. I have done it. After years and years of searching, I have finally downloaded the full version of my one my favorite songs. 

Yup. One of my favorite songs. I love the words. How did this all start? I was at a summer camp sometime around 2005 or 2006, and that years camp video featured this song. I loved the song.  

A few months later, when I started getting interested into music, I thought, "Hey! I really want to listen to this song!" So I searched iTunes. Nothing. I didn't try very hard, so I gave up. The full version of the song wasn't on the DVD. On the camp DVD, it was the song, but it had some guy talking about the week at camp in the middle of it, so each time I would listen to the song, I had to be interrupted by some guy in the middle talking before the song would resume. So after ripping the DVD to my computer and converting it to an mp3, this was all I had to listen to. 

A few years later, I tried again, this time searching youtube, itunes, and google. Nothing. I even asked a friend who knew music and they couldn't find it. 

I searched a little later and found something. The album. On amazon. It was 10$. HECK NO. I am not paying 10$ for a single song!  I gave up again. 

I searched all the same websites later and still nothing. Then I found it. On grooveshark, an online music service. The full song. I was happy. So for a long time, I listened to it on there. But eventually, I got tired of listening to it only online. So a few days later, I searczhed again. Nothing. I even asked the same friend again, and they couldn't find it. But then, I realized what an idiot I was. I never searched to see if I could download songs from grooveshark. So, just a few minutes ago, I found a program that lets me download songs from the site. I downloaded the song. A 6 year search had finally come to an end. 

Wanna know what websites didn't have the song?
iTunes. 
Spotify. 
YouTube. 
Various other sites . (I was surprised I couldn't even find it on torrent stuff like that)
Amazon. 

tl;dr version
JDG SEARCHED YEARS AND YEARS FOR A SONG AND TODAY HE FOUND IT

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I am glad your search has ended. (That's 'Mystery of you' right?)

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative